How to Find Us
You will find us on the outskirts of the pretty north-Suffolk village of Wortham on the main A143 road between Bury St Edmunds and Diss.
By Road from Diss (5 miles)
Heading towards Thetford on the A1066 Victoria Road (past the park on your right)...
- Go straight at the mini-roundabout (where the A1077 Attleborough Road joins the A1066) near the Park Hotel.
- Immediately after the roundabout turn left (sign-posted Palgrave).
- Drive up Denmark Hill until you reach a T junction.
- Turn right at the T junction and follow the road for half a mile until you reach the A143.
- Turn right onto the A143 and drive through the village of Wortham.
- Pass the primary school on your left, followed by the Dolphin Inn pub.
- Howards Nurseries is 100 yards after the pub on the left - look for the blue sign.
By Road from Bury St Edmunds (19 miles)
From the A14 dual carriageway at Bury St Edmunds...
- Turn off the A14 at junction 43 onto the A143 (sign-posted Diss).
- Stay on the A143 until your reach Wortham.
- Pass the Cattery on the right and a long conifer hedge.
- Howards Nurseries is the next turning on the right - look for the blue sign.
Our local town, Diss, has a railway station which is on the main line from London Liverpool Street to Norwich. Trains run frequently between London and Norwich, stopping at Diss.
The train journey from London to Diss takes about one hour forty minutes and from Norwich to Diss, just over 20 minutes.
Howards Nurseries is a 10 minute drive from Diss train station. If you are visiting the nursery via train please let us know, we would be more than happy to collect you from the train station.
Norwich airport is a 50 minute drive from the Nursery with flights from Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Newquay
Places to Stay Nearby
The Park Hotel, Diss (5 miles)
A short 10 minute drive from the nursery located in the Norfolk market town of Diss with ample parking.
The Bell Inn, Rickinghall (3 miles)
A short 10 minute drive from the nursery set in a small Suffolk village.
The Rookery Farm, Wortham (0.5 miles)
A short 3 minute drive from the nursery just inside the village of Wortham.
If you are visiting us, we would like to recommend the nearby Wortham Teashop as a place for lunch or afternoon tea. It is only a few minutes drive from the Nursery.
Howard Nurseries are pleased to announce Marcel Willems has joined the company as Operations Manager.
Howard Nurseries at Wortham near Diss has celebrated Andrew Daniels 25 years’ service with a presentation of a recreated drawing ...
Howard Nurseries has been shortlisted for the Family Business of the Year Awards 2017 in the East & East Anglia Family ...
We have received our annual visit from our bee keepers this week. Howard Nurseries honey is available from Wortham Post ...
We were delighted to receive a visit from Angela Wallis and Ian Pearson from the Environment Agency who will be ...
Howard Nurseries Ltd at Wortham near Diss have been busy growing for a garden, designed by Matthew Wilson, that can ...