How to Find Us
You will find us on the outskirts of the pretty north-Suffolk village of Wortham on the main A143 road between Bury St Edmunds and Diss.
By Road from Diss (5 miles)
Heading towards Thetford on the A1066 Victoria Road (past the park on your right)...
- Go straight at the mini-roundabout (where the A1077 Attleborough Road joins the A1066) near the Park Hotel.
- Immediately after the roundabout turn left (sign-posted Palgrave).
- Drive up Denmark Hill until you reach a T junction.
- Turn right at the T junction and follow the road for half a mile until you reach the A143.
- Turn right onto the A143 and drive through the village of Wortham.
- Pass the primary school on your left, followed by the Dolphin Inn pub.
- Howards Nurseries is 100 yards after the pub on the left - look for the blue sign.
By Road from Bury St Edmunds (19 miles)
From the A14 dual carriageway at Bury St Edmunds...
- Turn off the A14 at junction 43 onto the A143 (sign-posted Diss).
- Stay on the A143 until your reach Wortham.
- Pass the Cattery on the right and a long conifer hedge.
- Howards Nurseries is the next turning on the right - look for the blue sign.
Our local town, Diss, has a railway station which is on the main line from London Liverpool Street to Norwich. Trains run frequently between London and Norwich, stopping at Diss.
The train journey from London to Diss takes about one hour forty minutes and from Norwich to Diss, just over 20 minutes.
Howards Nurseries is a 10 minute drive from Diss train station. If you are visiting the nursery via train please let us know, we would be more than happy to collect you from the train station.
Norwich airport is a 50 minute drive from the Nursery with flights from Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Newquay
Places to Stay Nearby
The Park Hotel, Diss (5 miles)
A short 10 minute drive from the nursery located in the Norfolk market town of Diss with ample parking.
The Bell Inn, Rickinghall (3 miles)
A short 10 minute drive from the nursery set in a small Suffolk village.
The Rookery Farm, Wortham (0.5 miles)
A short 3 minute drive from the nursery just inside the village of Wortham.
If you are visiting us, we would like to recommend the nearby Wortham Teashop as a place for lunch or afternoon tea. It is only a few minutes drive from the Nursery.
We offer a customisable label service to match your company colour scheme, send a high resolution image of your logo ...
We were awarded funding for 40% of the cost for extending our current office from The European Agricultural Fund for ...
Its that time of year for a fresh start. Would you like to join our team? Looking for a new ...
RHS columnist, Sally Nex, shares her excitement of the bare root boom!
A video with drone footage of our nursery's wonderful plants and Christine chatting with Ellen Mary.
We have joined the world of Instagram. Our Instagram account is https://www.instagram.com/howardnurseries/
Sky news ran a feature on Wednesday 22nd May 2018 of the Environment Agency announcing population growth and the affect ...